Pages

Tuesday, 27 August 2013

The Wedding Outfit

Dress- All Saints
Shoes & Clutch- Kurt Geiger
Earrings- Topshop
Nails- Little Mix (Jesy) Press-On Nails (available from Boots)

Yesterday I returned home from what has been, without a doubt, the best weekend eveeer! My brother got married to his beautiful bride, Fiona, down in Cork and we later headed to the gorgeous Malton Hotel in Killarney, Co. Kerry to commence the long awaited celebrations. I reckon I'll do a separate blog post to show all of the wedding festivities, but for now I'll just give you a look at what I wore to the affair!
Apologies for the quality of the snaps and the distracting patterned carpet haha. Obviously the photos were quite rushed as I didn't want to miss a second of the fabulous wedding :) 
My favourite thing about my outfit was definitely the accessories. I got my shoes quite a while ago, and let me tell you it took some serious will power not to wear them out and show them off until the wedding! I was delighted when my sister picked me up the matching clutch as an early birthday present...Isn't it adorable? :) It also came with an amazing silver chain that I've been sneakily wearing as a necklace! 
I really wanted to get my hands on a pair of white earrings to tie in with the white of my heels, but it was seriously difficult to find some nice ones. Eventually I tracked down this Topshop pair, although I had to carry out a little DIY job on them as they had hideous silver dangly bits hanging off them!
I absolutely adore my All Saints dress. When I tried it on, it was one of those moments in the fitting room where you know you have to have it (even if you can't afford it ha!). It sort of reminds me of a short version of the dress Charlotte wore to Carrie's wedding. For a while, I thought I was super chic prancing around in my heels and drinking cocktails like I was in Sex and the City...But of course that didn't last, and it wasn't long before I'd swapped the stilettos for my Dr. Martens and the cosmos for pints of Bulmers! Classy.
I opted to get my hair done professionally, but did my own makeup. I just wouldn't feel comfortable having somebody else do it for me! It seemed to hold up well anyway so I was a happy camper.
Today is my birthday, but I've never been so delighted to have a day of relaxation with nothing to do. I think I've had enough food, alcohol, dancing and singing to keep me happy for a long time :) 








1 comment: