Pages

Thursday, 15 August 2013

Current Beauty Favourites

A look at what I've been loving beauty-wise at the moment!

Swatches (from top to bottom)- Collection Work the Colour Eyeshadow Pencil, Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in 060 Oh Juicy, Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in 16, Benefit High Beam.

1. Benefit High Beam- I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've had this product in my makeup bag for years, and it has gone virtually untouched until now! I've used a dab of it on my inner tear ducts to brighten my eyes every so often, but it's only recently that I've really started to fall for this famous highlighter. My skin is terribly dull at the moment, so a sweep of this stuff across my cheeks is giving me just the radiance boost I've been searching for. If you're ever having a nosy around the Benefit counter, I'd highly recommend asking for a sample of High Beam- the tiniest sample size of this product will last you absolutely aaages (Part of the reason my bottle has gone unused for so long!).

2. Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer in 03 Papa Don't Peach- Catrice is a brand I've never really paid much attention to before, but when I saw some of their makeup on offer in my local chemist I decided to give it a try...Boy am I glad I did! I've been absolutely loving the nail varnishes I picked up, and in particular, this beautiful orange/peach colour. It looks great on my nails, and I actually think it makes me look slightly tanned (if that's remotely possible for my whiter than white skin!). The best part though, it cost a mere €1.50. Yeeeah.

3. Benefit World Famous Neutrals Palette- I wasn't all that keen on this palette when I got it as a present from my Mam, as I usually prefer to opt for more dramatic and bold eye make up. However, I've been finding myself constantly reaching for this kit for a more subtle, day time look. It comes with two cream shadow pots, which are great for me on those work mornings when I'm in a hurry- one quick sweep across the eye lids and I'm good to go! The dark brown shadow is perfect for filling in my brows too.

4. Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil- This pencil was on offer for just over €3 in Boots so I decided to give it a whirl. I've been loving the results this give me when I apply it to the inner corners of my eyes- an instant brightening affect! It's quick and easy to use, and the consistency is super creamy. I'll definitely be picking this up in a few more colours.

5. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Cream- Forget about nourishing your skin and all that, this stuff smells unbelievable. It's like somebody's been in the kitchen whipping together the most delicious chocolate cake mixture as soon as you rub this on your hands! *Warning* If you're trying to watch what you eat, I'd stay away from this cream because it has me craving chocolate every time I apply it haha. So bad but sooo good.

6. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs- I've always been a dedicated user of Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs spray-on tan, so when I saw that they released a squeezy bottle version I was intrigued. This is usually around the €16 mark, but I picked it up for €12.95 in my chemist. It does everything the spray-on version does, (gives your skin an airbrushed effect and adds colour without looking orange or streaky) but it lasts so much longer. I've used this pretty much all over my body 6 times already, and there's still some left! I'm lucky to get 3 uses out of the spray-on bottles usually. 100% converted!

7. Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in 16- My obsession with these lippies continues. I can't believe this gorgeous pinky coral colour didn't catch my eye sooner! It's such a summery colour and looks great with a tan. I love it for nights out :) 

8. Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in 060 Oh Juicy- Words can't express how in love with this lipstick I am. My other lipsticks have been left deserted at the bottom of my makeup bag, because I have been wearing this little gem non-stop. I saw that it was half price so I thought I'd try it out, not really expecting much..but it is so darn good. The vibrant orange colour is just gorgeous on the lips and seems to match my complexion really well. It just tops off my make up brilliantly and gives it that little something extra! The only drawback with this lipstick is that it tends to rub off on the inside of my lips after a while, leaving a bit of a ring around the edges. But all it takes is a quick top up to solve this problem, and considering it cost me just over €2, it's a sacrifice I'm more than willing to make.

What beauty bits have you been fawning over at the moment? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment