Pages

Tuesday, 27 November 2012

My Top 5 Beauty Picks For Under €5


Hi guys! I must apologise(yet again) for somewhat abandoning my blog, but I'm afraid college has me super busy at the moment. It was with college in mind that I made this post- sadly, lack of funds has prevented me from splurging on expensive make up since I started my course, leaving me with no other choice but to try out some cheaper alternatives. At first, I was very reluctant to do so, as I feared my skin might pay the price for using cheaper products. However, I'm quickly discovering that money does not equal quality!
Some of these products were bought out of pure necessity, and other were recommendations by two of my favourite bloggers/youtubers, Beauty Crush and Leanne Woodfull. I can safely say that I will happily continue to use most, if not all of these affordable beauty bits over some of their high-end competitors, because for the quality you receive combined with the price you pay, you really can't go wrong!

1. MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette


This palette is an absolute steal for just over €5. It contains 12 of the most beautiful, pigmented shadows in a mixture of matte and shimmer colours. The colours all compliment each other very well, and the wide variety of shades enable you to create numerous different looks, from dramatic, dark and smoky, to  subtle, soft  and romantic. You can also use the lightest pink shade as a highlighter for your cheeks if you really want to get your money's worth! And there's even a Mini Master Class on the back of the palette for those of you who need a little help when it comes to creating your own eyeshadow looks. I actually prefer this palette to my Urban Decay one, as there's less fall out and I don't end up with glitter all over my face! All in all, it's fast becoming one of my new beauty favourites :)


2. Natural Collection Pressed Powder in Neutral


This product costs next to nothing at a measly €3! It's a soft, light powder that gives a matte finish to my foundation without making my makeup appear heavy or caked. I will admit, it's not the best powder I've ever used- it doesn't last quite as long as I'd like and I do sometimes find my face becoming shiny again throughout the day. However, this problem is easily fixed with a simple top up, and for the price you're paying it's really not a big issue! For me, it's a question of whether I'd rather pay €30 for a powder that only needs to be applied once, or €3 for one that does the exact same job, only it needs a top up every once in a blue moon. No real question is there?


3. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in No.1 Fair


Ladies, if you haven't already met, let me introduce you to the holy grail of concealers. This is my new saviour! I don't know how many bloggers I saw raving about this product before I actually decided to buy one for myself, and boy am I glad I did. I thought I couldn't find a better concealer than Benefit's Erase Paste(which has lasted me more than 3 years and is still going strong), but the Lasting Perfection really takes the cake! It has a gorgeous creamy consistency and applies like a dream on to the skin. The colour is perfect for me, and it hides every single imperfection on my face to give a truly flawless look. Trust me when I say that this concealer will trick everyone into thinking that you're blessed with naturally fabulous skin! It costs just over €5 which is insanely cheap considering how good this product is. So buy it. Now.


4. Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner


Another wonderful Collection 2000 product! I bought this liquid eyeliner at the start of the summer and it's lasting me very, very well. I can't remember the exact price of this one but I'm positive it's under €5. I can't really fault this liner to be honest. It's long lasting, creates a strong black line, and it's easy to apply. What more could you ask for? The small tip on the brush means that you can create as thin or as thick a line as you want, something that may prove difficult with a larger brush. I really don't see why anyone would bother splashing their cash on an expensive liner, when you'll get the exact same results from a low costing one like Collection 2000's! I think that as long as you've mastered the application, the liner you use really doesn't matter all that much.


5. Essence Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde


I snatched this little bargain up for €1.80 about 2 months ago, and as you can see from the length of it, it's been put to great use ever since! The colour is a gorgeous light brown shade that blends in perfectly with my natural brows. It comes with a built in brush on the lid, which is handy for people like me who get the odd stray hairs trying to escape. Basically, it does exactly what it says on the tin, and it's under €2- that's all you really need to know, isn't it?


Has anybody else been impressed by these products? What other affordable beauty bits would you recommend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment