Pages

Monday, 8 October 2012

Benefit "They're Real" Mascara Review

Hi guys! I do apologise for the lack of posts recently, I'm pretty tied up during the week with coursework and at the weekends I'm far too busy catching up with everybody to get anywhere near a computer!
I thought I'd do a little review on Benefit's "They're Real" mascara, as it's a product with quite a lot of hype surrounding it, and also one that I've purchased on more than one occasion. I got the mascara for the first time last Christmas, and then again a couple of months ago. It's pretty pricey as far as mascaras go (around €24 I think, but please correct me if I'm wrong) so it's not a product that you'd permanently find in my makeup bag.


When I first used the mascara, I was pretty much blown away by it! My eyelashes looked incredibly long and I was constantly being asked if I was wearing falsies. Naturally, I was dying to get my hands on it again as soon as I had the funds, so I treated myself to it over the summer. However, this time my experience with it was disappointing to say the least. 
Admittedly, my first couple of weeks using it were fab. I had the same effects as before, flaunting my new ridiculously long lashes at every chance I got! Alas, after a mere month the product started to dry up and stop doing it's job properly. I think I used it for about a month after that before it wasted completely, but for those four weeks the mascara was average at best...Certainly not worth paying almost €25 for! In fact, the mascara was probably empty after the first month, I just refused to believe I'd gotten such a short time out of it so I continued to scrape what little product I could find out of the tube. If it had been a cheaper mascara there's no doubt I would have given up on it much earlier and dumped it! 
I'm not sure if I failed to notice the cons of this product the first time I used it because I got it as a gift and wasn't really thinking about it in terms of value for money, or if it has simply stopped working as well for me this time round. Whatever the case may be, I definitely won't be repurchasing the mascara again. 
That's not to say that other people won't love it as much as I did originally, but for me personally, I'd expect my mascara to last me a lot longer than a month, no matter what the cost may be! I've used other cheaper mascaras since then and they do pretty much the same job for a fraction of the price.
Has anybody tried the mascara and had mixed reactions about it, or were you wowed by it in the same way I was the first time I used it? Or am I just a cheapskate who really should be buying mascara once a month haha?

9 comments:

  1. -Beauty is a manifestation of secret natural laws, which otherwise would have been hidden from us forever.
    http://free-make-up.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are not a cheapskate and it does dry pretty fast... So I will have to agree with you... I just wish that I could find the same type of product but for a lesser amount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking to buy this mascara as I seen it advertised in Boots at £15 think & if does what my friends says it does (she has already bought it) I'm fine with that... Especially as she's getting me 25% discount where she works too lmao x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't think I could complain if I was getting it for that price haha!

      Delete
  4. Great review!

    visit my blog.
    filled with reviews on beauty products and other more~
    http://8881397.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I cant believe it dried out so quickly. I dont usually use mascara so I dont know how long it lasts but one month is too little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I have always wanted to try this mascara, but now I think I will pass. I need my mascara to last longer than one month. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Accdg to beauty experts ... Mascara should've be used for the short span of one month only, any remaining should be discarded off properly ... Many would think its a waste of good money , but its for health reasons... Esp around the sensitive part of our eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i tried this mascara as a sample and it was amazing! i dont know if i should buy the real thing now...considering the price haha

    ReplyDelete