Pages

Monday, 3 September 2012

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Review

I have to admit, all the hype about BB creams these days has really got me curious, so I've decided to hop on the band waggon and see what all the fuss is about! 
I've wanted to get my hands on a BB cream for quite a while now, mainly because I'm really trying to improve my skin at the moment, so I thought it would make a nice, light alternative to wearing foundation all the time. Now I'm not one of those people who's terrified to leave the house without their make up on, and if it's a case where I'm popping down to the shop or walking home from a friends house, I certainly don't feel the need to reach for my make up bag! But with that being said, I am in no way happy with how my skin looks au natural, and sadly I've come to the realisation that I'm just one of those girls who's always gonna need a little help! That's where the BB cream comes in ;) 
Up until recently, I never really paid attention to my skin and I never bothered too much about exfoliating or any of that malarkey! But I'm starting to become more conscious of how my skin looks and feels and I'm really trying to keep it in good nick. Maybe it's because my boyfriend used his "oldify" app on me and I am now in absolute fear that I'm going to look like this 50 years down the line!
Haha, petrifying isn't it? Anyway, I feel like my skin is finally at a place where I don't have to worry too much about blemishes and spots, so I can get away with using something slightly less heavy than foundation.
For those of you who don't know what BB cream is, it stands for Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm, and it's basically a tinted moisturiser with some added benefits! I took my time when choosing which brand I wanted to go for, but eventually I decided on Maybelline. This was primarily because most of the other brands' "light" coloured creams were still far too dark for my skin, whereas Maybelline's was a great match! Also, Boots are currently offering 3 for 2 on all Maybelline products so I snatched up a primer and mascara as well.
I've used the cream a couple of times already, and I must say I'm very impressed with it! It's easy to apply, it blends in perfectly with my skin tone and it gives my face a beautifully silky smooth feeling (almost like a primer). It claims to "blur imperfections", and while that is true to some extent, I still need to apply a touch of concealer on afterwards if I want a flawless finish, as the cream just doesn't have enough coverage to hide my blemishes. I also use  some powder on my face after applying the BB cream, which gets rid of the majority of shininess without drying out my face, and I've still got a lovely dewy glow and that wonderful smooth feeling.
My skin has felt really nourished lately, and I know a lot of that is due to the fact that I've been slathering on the moisturiser these days, but I do think some of it is down to the BB cream. It's great to have an alternative for foundation on those days where I want to look nice without the effort of a full face of make up! I'm officially converted. Yay for BB creams :)
This is me wearing Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream, and as you can see it gives you a lovely natural looking finish. 
Maybelline are actually offering free samples to anybody living in the UK and Ireland, so if you want to test it out before buying you can sign up for your samples here http://www.maybelline.co.uk/bbsample
Although, the cream only costs €10 and it's really, really great so I don't think that's necessary!

4 comments:

  1. This is a very detailed review that I've been searching for all this time. Thanks for sharing with us your review. I will wait for your another bb cream reviews. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Thanks for reading it :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review!! I was wondering whether I should try the Mabelline BB cream, since I've gotten interested in them too :3 I think if buy it, it would definitely be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is worth it! You should definitely give it a go, or at least apply for some free samples :)

      Delete