Pages

Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Arabian Nights Inspired Eye Make Up

My mam brought home this beautiful tribal print scarf for me, and immediately I was struck with a sudden urge to try out some Arabian style make up (smoky eyes, lashings of mascara and eye liner, you know what I'm talking about!) to go with it. It could be due to the fact that when I wrapped the scarf around my head like a turban, I was reminded of Rihanna's "Where Have You Been" video. She's got that whole sexy, sultry, Arabian princess vibe going on in it, and who wouldn't wanna look like that! Not that I'm saying I do, because, well...nobody is that lucky. Speaking of Rihanna, who watched her new show Styled To Rock? I can already feel an obsession starting. LOVE IT!
Anyway, now that we've established that I will never look like RiRi (waaah) let's move onto the make up, shall we? I used a lot of earthy toned shadows from my Urban Decay palette for this look. I started off with Maui Wowie all over the base of my lids and under my bottom lashes. Then I mixed Smog and Mildew (really appealing names, aren't they?) together and blended the shadows into the outer corners of my eyes. I added a touch of deep brown shadow from M.A.C's Inter-View palette and swept it outwards towards my temples. Of course, for an Arabian inspired look it was vital that I piled on the eye liner on both my bottom and top water line. I used a miniature Benefit pencil eye liner that came with one of their kits, as the Bad Gal liner I usually use from Benefit needed pearing and frankly, I was too damn lazy to search the house for a sharpener!
Next, I applied a generous amount of Benefit's They're Real mascara (which is an absolute god send by the way) and topped off the whole look with M.A.C's Rapid Black Penultimate Liner. I've never actually tried out a double winged liner look before, but I must say I looove the result! It makes for such a dramatic statement, and I'll definitely be testing this look again for a night out in the future.
So there you have it, my take on "Arabian Nights" inspired eye make up, turban and all!


I think I'll go watch Aladin now :)





No comments:

Post a Comment