Pages

Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Soldiers Can't Dance Supporting General Fiasco

So Friday night was the big gig- My boyfriend's band Soldiers Can't Dance were supporting the fantastic General Fiasco in the Academy 2. If you haven't heard of General Fiasco, shame on you! Juuust kidding.To be honest, I hadn't heard of the band until James introduced me to their music, and I'm happy to admit I've been hooked ever since! 
As soon as we heard that the boys were playing in the Academy, we decided then and there that we just had to go see them. Little did we know that a few months later James and the band would be asked by Phantom FM to play up on stage with the lads- wowza!
The gig itself couldn't have gone any better. Before hand, Conor, Luke and James were visibly nervous to be playing for a band that they admire as much as General Fiasco, but the nerves made their performance all the more incredible! Okay, maybe I'm a little biased but I really did think they were amaaazing. I was quite literally blown away by the power of the music (my heels were super high and those speakers were LOUD). 
Soooo...I took far too many photos as usual. I have a tendency to get a tad carried away when my camera comes out! Here's just a few pics I took of the lads playing. Oh, and if you're friends with me on Facebook then you've probably already seen them, so this won't be the most exciting post to look at. Sorry!









And then came General Fiasco, who were unbelievably good! The atmosphere was incredible, and you could just tell the crowd were loving every second of their performance. They even played one of their older songs, Buildings, for the first time in a year and a half especially for Luke. I think it's safe to say that made his night anyway! Although, I refuse to believe the band were that rusty for that particular song because it sounded unreal
My first reaction after hearing the lads was "how are General Fiasco not a household name at this stage?" I mean they're sooooo talented, it really is a sin they haven't gotten bigger in the last couple of years. Fingers crossed that the release of their new album Unfaithfully Yours will bring the band the recognition they deserve, because they deserve to be HUGE!







Just as I feared, I ended up getting ready in a massive rush so there was no time for any pictures of my outfit. I was so busy snapping pics of the bands that I barely took any normal ones! So the only photo I have to show you is this one, but unfortunately James was too busy singing to smile for the camera. Lovely.


Overall, it was one of the best nights out I've had in a long time, and it was without a doubt the best gig Soldiers Can't Dance have played to date. Whenever anybody asks me what exactly their sound is, I have a terrible time trying to describe it, so I'll leave one of their songs below for you to listen to and find out for yourselves! If you can't plug your boyfriend's band on your own blog where can you, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment