Pages

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Marina Diamandis a.k.a Marina & the Diamonds- Style Crush

Hellooooo Marina! I can't tell you how exciting it is to see a celebrity who commits to looking as fabulous and ultra feminine as Marina all the time. She's the cute and innocent girl next door and a throwback to the the sexy, sultry Hollywood sirens of the 50's all wrapped into one fantastic fashion package! Amazing. 
What I love most about her, is her ability to mix that iconic 50's housewife look with a modern twist. Her edgy hair and make up give her a distinctive and unique look that makes her a true fashion icon in my eyes. I understand her taste in clothing isn't for everybody, and while I find her super girly style to die for, others may find it sickeningly sweet. So I'm warning you, if you have an aversion to pink, look away now, 'cause our Marina takes the expression "girly girl" to a whole other level!


Don't say I didn't warn you! Here's some of my favourite Marina inspired pieces from the high street at the moment. I could have made this entire list from ASOS clothing alone (their selection at the moment is crazy good!), but I thought it was best to give you some variety. Now that I've got her style down, I just need to figure out how to make my roots look good like Marina does. How does she do it?? Just, how?

ASOS Tea Party Dress- €57

Shimmer Twins Red Cluster Heart Lashes (available from ASOS)- €20.36

Topshop Knitted Fluffy Cardigan- £30

Vivienne Westwood for Melissa heeled sandals (available from ASOS)- €162.90

Forever 21 Pink Bow Headband- €1.60

Poppy Lace Dress from Jones and Jones (available from Topshop)- £60

Miss Selfridge Pastel Bow Belt- £5

River Island Pink Lace Bow Prom Dress- £70

Forever 21 Sheer Dotted Socks- €3.90

Oasis Bobble Clutch- €31

Oasis Fur Collar Cardigan (available from ASOS)- €33.90

ASOS Gingham Pencil Dress- €39.37 


















3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing! Well done! I <3 Marina and her style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. I am literally listening to her songs on repeat right now.

    ReplyDelete