Pages

Thursday, 19 July 2012

Girly Grunge

Today's outfit has a serious grungy vibe, so I just had to snap some pics by this old abandoned cottage down the road from me. It's so in keeping with the whole look! Truthfully, the cottage is a dreadful eyesore, but it makes the coolest back drop for photos, don't you think? (I really should take more photos around this area, but the majority of the time I'm too lazy to venture any further than my own garden!) 
Some serious childhood memories of this place, trying to break in and find out if there were any ghosts lurking about... That house is scary as hell in the dark! Ahhhh, memories.


I had a wonderful day out with my darling mother today. We went to visit the Museum of Style Icons, an amaaaazing museum just down the road from me, filled with the most spectacular memorabilia from the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly (just to name a few). But that visit definitely needs it's own blog post, I just have so many things to gush about! 
Afterwards, we went on what was intended to be a "browse" around TK Maxx, and ended up snatching up some fantastic bargains, one of which was this Tommy Hilfiger shirt I'm currently wearing. It retails at around €86, but I paid  just €13 for it. Not bad, eh? Oh, and it's actually from the men's section, because I find that when it comes to loose fitting shirts like this one, you'll always find a cheaper version in menswear.
I looove this little lace dress I got in H&M the other week. This was actually the dress that I wore to the Soldiers Can't Dance gig that I never had a chance to photograph...so here she is! I've already worn it three times, and I can just tell it's going to be one of those items I never leave off. It was only €10 in the sale too, which has left me feeling very smug indeed. Bargain :)




1 comment:

  1. I love these two styles together. They're such great partners! This is a great look, and I'm looking forward to reading more about the Museum of Style Icons. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete