Pages

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Sunshine Calling- Swimsuits, Sunglasses & Other Summer Essentials

This time next week I'll be in sunny Spain, trying my best not to burn my paler than pale Irish skin to a frazzle. I've always favoured winter clothing over summer clothing, so the majority of my wardrobe consists of woolly cardigans, thick tights and heavy boots. With that in mind, I thought it was about time that I updated my summer wardrobe with some investment pieces.
Before I had even salvaged enough money to pay for my flights, I was already hitting the shops to hunt down some holiday essentials. I decided to buy anything I needed while I was still living in Glasgow, because the £ price works out so much cheaper than the €. 
For many people TK Maxx is like Marmite- you either love it or you hate it. Personally, I loooove the place, and it reminds me of a lot of the department stores you find in America. I'll admit, a lot of what you come across in TK Maxx is rubbish, but I always feel a great sense of accomplishment when I'm sifting through the endless racks of clothes and stumble upon something great! However, my favourite thing about the shop has to be their selection of sunglasses. I can't understand why anybody would spend hundreds of pounds on designer sunnies when you can pick up a pair in TK Maxx for a fraction of the price! I came away with 3 pairs of designer shades and 2 pairs of flip flops for just over £100. The only downside to buying your sunglasses from the store is that they rarely have any cases in stock. But still, bargain much?

 

Dolce & Gabanna sunglasses- £40

                                                                     
 

Betsey Johnson sunglasses- £17


    

Marc Jacobs sunglasses- £30



Billabong Flip Flops- £7 each

I was in desperate need of new swimwear this year as the only bikinis I had either had saggy bums or barely covered my boobs- not a good look! I'm quite pale in general, so this year I decided I wouldn't bother trying to get a tan on holidays and would choose swimwear based on style rather than exposing as much skin as possible. I'm quite top heavy when it comes to bikinis (size 12-14 on top, size 8 for bottoms) which means I usually have to buy separate pieces..or switch the sizes of joined sets if I'm feeling naughty! 

I bought 3 very different pieces which I just LOVE- what do you guys think? 


 Primark ruffled bikini- £9


New Look cut-out swimsuit- £12


Topshop high-waisted bikini- £30


3 comments:

  1. Ailbhe I need to take you bikini shopping with me for my hols! Those are fab,and compliment your body perfectly! You little minx! Am loving the blog,keep up the fab work :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyndsey! Can't wait to wear them in the sun now :)Glad you like the blog!

      Delete
  2. sunglasses are the most important wear in summer. Too cool designs here got represented.

    ray ban sunglasses online
    buying contact lenses

    ReplyDelete