Pages

Monday, 28 May 2012

Look of the Day

Just a quick post to show you all a recent outfit I wore to yet another gig (this is what happens when your boyfriend's in a band!). I was feeling quite feisty when I chose my outfit so I decided to toughen up a feminine dress with some grungy accessories. Take a look for yourself!


My denim jacket is by a brand called dollhouse, purchased from Macys in America. It comes with a detachable hood (very convenient), but obviously the current weather conditions make wearing a hood pretty unnecessary! I love this jacket, but I'm very eager to get my hands on a denim jacket minus the black sleeves, as it kind of limits the colours I can wear with it. Still, I think it looks good all the same!


I got this pink floral dress from Bershka last summer, but it has turned out to be complete disaster. I love the dress itself, and the shape is very figure flattering, but to my dismay, the first time I ever wore the dress out the zip down the front burst open (that's a lot more cleavage than I'd like on display!). I recently spent some money getting the zip replaced because I was dying to get some wear out of the dress, but low and behold, half way through the gig one of the straps snapped off! Come on! And I swear the dress fit perfectly, which makes the situation all the more irritating. I'm dissapointed in you Bershka...


I went a bit mad with the accessories as you can see! I layered a long black Topshop necklace over another silver chain, which despite a lot of tangles, made for a cool, grungy look. I then added a black studded belt to top the whole look off!


With regards to my hair, I opted for a simple pony tail to keep the attention focused on my jewellery. My make up was quite neutral, but I piled on the liquid liner for more dramatic eyes! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment