Pages

Saturday, 26 May 2012

Look of the Day- Pretty In Pink

How is everybody enjoying this fabulous weather we're having? I didn't think I'd get many more opportunities to bear my legs once I got back from my holidays, but I'm happy to say I was very wrong indeed. 
It's always been a bit of an unsaid rule that red heads should steer clear from pink, but technically I'm not a true ginger (ahhh, the beauty of hair dye) so I've used that as initiative to go on ahead and break that rule! Hooray for pink!


Today I'm wearing my beloved Jeffrey Cambell brogues, which I teamed with some cream knitted Betsy Johnson socks to give my outfit a bit of a preppy feel. My bag was stolen from Mammy Conboy's closet (she has far too many bags for her own good, I needed to take some off her hands!) so I'm afraid I don't know where the bag was purchased.


I'm obsessed with this hot pink Zara mini skirt I picked up last summer. I swear when I put it on I feel as if I've been thrown right back into the 60's- it just screams mod!


My top is from New Look and set me back around €15, not bad considering it's got quite a lot of detail! I'm crazy about the top's woven pattern- it's got a real vintage 70's vibe that's very reminiscent of Missoni's trademark print. What do you think?


I'm wearing my Marc Jacobs sunglasses, snatched up in TK Maxx for a mere £30 (I still can't believe my luck with that one!). I never left these beauties off me on holidays, so I'm delighted that the sun's rare appearance here in Ireland is allowing them some more time away from the dark and dreary confinements of my wardrobe...lets just see how long it lasts!


I bought these kitty cat earrings on holiday for a very impressive €2.50. Unfortunately, they were feeling a little camera shy and refused to sit still and take a nice pic for me! But I can guarantee you, in person they are just too cute.


So that's about it for today's look! Hopefully the sun will stay shining long enough for me to post some more summery outfits. And hey, you never know, next time I update I might actually have a hint of a tan! Imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment